By accepting a Burbank Public Library card, you agree to the following:
- I am responsible for any fees incurred through use of Library circulating items. At this time, the Library does not charge fines for items that are overdue; however, replacement fees will still be assessed for items that are damaged or never returned. If I allow others to use my card, I am responsible for any fees incurred.
- If I am signing for the card of my child under 18 years of age, I understand that I am responsible for all items checked out on the child’s account. The Library does not restrict access to any material.
- I am responsible for returning my Library items on time. Many items automatically renew if others are not waiting. Account status and due dates can be checked online at burbanklibrary.org with Library card number and PIN or by contacting any Library location by phone or in person.
- I understand that items are considered lost 14 days after their due date, at which time my account will be charged the item cost plus a processing fee of up to $10. The item cost will be waived if an item is returned in good condition. Replacement items are not accepted, and the processing fee is non-refundable.
- I understand my account may be suspended due to fees of $25 or more or due to violation of the Library Rules of Conduct. I will use the Library in accordance with the Library Rules of Conduct and all city, county, state and federal laws.
- I understand Library staff will not provide me with information about items checked out on any account other than my own, including those of my children under 18.
- The Library may use my email, phone number and mailing address to contact me about my account and with information about Library services and events. I may unsubscribe to the Library eNews at any time.
- If I request interlibrary loan items from other libraries, those are subject to the lending library’s policies, loan periods, fines and fees, plus a $6 processing fee assessed by Burbank Public Library.
- The Library and the City of Burbank reserve the right to change policies, including loan periods and fees, at any time.
By using Burbank Public Library technology devices and/or networks, you agree to the following:
- I will only access Library technology with my own Library card or a guest pass.
- I will use Library technology in accordance with the Library Rules of Conduct and all city, county, state and federal laws.
- The privacy and security of my activities while using this device and/or network are not guaranteed.
- I will save files to an external drive or web-based storage account. If they are not saved when the computer logs me off or if it shuts down unexpectedly, my files cannot be restored.
- I agree to pay for printing as required.
- I will not install or uninstall software, change settings or otherwise tamper with Library technology.
- I agree to report any problems with the device or connection to Library staff.
- I understand access to certain devices may be restricted by age or based on other criteria.
- The Library and the City of Burbank reserve the right to change policies at any time.